Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sue me

I was tidying up some of the logo items in the gift shop tonight, when I realized a large conglomeration of uniformed boys were assemblying just outside and behind the elevators.  I ran over to Tabitha, the 18 year old sweetheart that works with me, and said "I think the CU football team is here!"  Shows how old I am that I would confused high school boys with a college football team.  As it turns out, Boulder High School was at the hospital serving pizza to anyone who wanted a slice.

I would've killed to have taken a better photo of the dozen or so uniformed football players that stood mezmerized around the ball-moving case we have in the atrium.  Instead, I scared them all off after this attempt (complete with dazzling flash) from behind the gift shop counter.

"Go ask them to gather around so you can take a picture!" Tabitha said.

"I can't do that!  I'm 25!  You do it!"  I pleaded.

"Why not?!  There's no way I am, I can't!" she responded.  "Why does it matter if you're 25?!"

"Tabitha, it's called a felony."  And we both burst into laughter.  I'm pretty sure I was cuter to them now than I ever was in high school, which, I have to say, makes me smile.


Thrash Unreal by Against Me!

2 comments:

  1. :-)

    Tabitha has a sweet name.

    I'm guessing she lives up to it quite well... and that, I say, is fun.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - she's a very sweet girl. I think you would like her!

    ReplyDelete