Thursday, October 15, 2009

Can you still feel the butterflies?

When I rode in the Children's Hospital elevator for the first time and saw the small butterfly in the polished stone, I knew I was meant to be here.  So you can only imagine my elation when I realized that all the pretty colors I was walking on in the atrium were actually a massive butterfly themselves.  This is what it looks like from the 3rd floor, where I had to go to deliver a present to PICU; a reminder of why I don't work with patients.  I'm happy in my innocent little giftshop world where I can bring 5 minutes of happiness to people, and I don't have to remember why they need it in the first place.

Hits a little too close to home.

In honor of Balloon Boy, as I was almost right under him today: In The Air Tonight: Songs for Balloon Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment