Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Strawberry Rhubard

For such a delightful combination of tart and sweet, strawyberry rhubarb is a hard flavor to find.  I've been wanting to try Lucile's for a months now, ever since Mike mentioned their to-die-for strawberry preserves.  Lucile's nestled in an old row of houses, one such turned into a Cajun Feast of a dining experience.  I met Mike there today for gumbo before my afternoon dealer visit.  To my awe, the preserves were not strawberry.  You guessed it.  I'm fairly certain I alone consumed half that container pictured there.

Between the amazing gumbo, the quaint setting, the old cloth napkins, and enjoying a surprise meal with my love, it turned out to be quite a wonderful lunch.  I love Longmont.


This Woman's Work cover by Greg Laswell

2 comments: