Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mystery Trip: Day 1

Months ago, Mike told me that he was planning a surprise trip.  He told me the days, that we were driving, and gave me the weather highs and lows for each of the 6 days.  And that's it.

Oh the anticipation!
We even cleaned my ring for the occasion...which we really need to do more often, because, I mean, BAM!  I had forgotten how shiny that thing was!
Finally, it was time to leave.  First stop: Vail!!!!!  And the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in: The Sebastian.  
 They had a cappuccino machine in every room.  I'm pretty sure I had 7.  I wish I were kidding.
 Vail Village, here we come!  Beautiful night for a stroll.
 Mike and his random soccer fields...
We at dinner at Los Amigos!  After waiting for almost an hour and Mike offering to bus tables he finally snagged us one right by the window overlooking the beautiful courtyard!  He's such a good man - for so many reasons.
Popped on over to Red Lion for a drink and some live music and epic people watching.  There wa s a lot of that this trip...couldn't have started a better way!
Told you: nicest hotel ever.

2 comments: