Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inundated

I really don't like Dell.  Since my beginning with the company over six years ago, I've had to deal with five computer replacements, including two that resulted in my hard drive (and subsequently a lot of hard work) being completely wiped out.  I feel as though I'm pretty computer savvy, so I became tight with the Laptop Hotline guys if for nothing else than to learn how to deal with using sub-par computer products when I was so used to Apple computers.  Also, there are weeks I talk to them more than I do my parents.

I wasn't, however, without my wits. 

Every time I sent in my Dell computer with the Apple sticker covering the Dell logo in the middle of the laptop (in protest), they would have to remove it when they sent me a new one.  And because I've been purchasing Apple products since the 90s, I have an abundant supply of the little white gems.  So each time, I'd replace it.

Finally, they just gave up and started drawing worms on them when they would send me my laptop back. 

Ford is launching a new in-dealership program revolving around iPad apps, and the zone managers are receiving iPads to utilize in this regard (miss the boat on that one, but I can't be that disappointed since I already have my own).  So Laptop Hotline has been working on the security and distribution of these bad boys.

Randomly last week I received an e-mail from Bob, my favorite Laptop Hotline genius, asking if I was still in Denver.  My response was that I hadn't been involuntarily separated due to having thrown a dated piece of Windows-based equipment out the car window yet, so yes, I was still here.

A week later I receive this in the mail at the office:
His excuse was they were making the world a better place by limiting the number of Apple stickers on Dell laptops returned.

I think it's Love. ;-)

"I'll never understand the completely random things at which you become ecstatic," Grammes exclaimed.

Shortly thereafter though, he bestowed his own sticker for my cube collection.  "I didn't know you were a sticker person...maybe you could mark this out in red or something..." he said begrudgingly as he sauntered off having presented his offering:
I'm tellin' you, it's Love!  Or at least a strong sense of work-appreciation.  Same diff.

No comments:

Post a Comment