Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Golden Touch

Red String is the first web comic that I began following religiously every M/W/F in college. I love the silly romance and honest, innocent entertainment. So, when the artist Gina Biggs posted a fan art contest using her characters in a fairy tale, I really wanted to contribute.

In one of my Amazon packages was K.Y. Craft's King Midas & the Golden Touch. I read it today on my big comfy chair, loving her illustrations with my life, and was inspired. This is Eiji, who FINALLY gets the guts to kiss Reika in this picture (I can't wait til they finally realize/admit they love each other), and the moment he touches her she begins to turn to gold! The fan art will eventually be found here, and the characters this is based on are here.

It's not good, but I'm so happy I did it that I don't really care! I TOTALLY COMPLETED A PIECE OF FAN ART! This is a whole new level of nerddom for me. I'm basking.


By the way...this is my 500th post! 500 days of 1001 Word-worthy photographs! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment