Sunday, May 30, 2010

I love what you've done with the place

This is a quasi-sneak peak of the final outcome of my semi-disasterous, albeit in the end totally worth it, bedroom (click to see the "befores") redo.  The photos really don't do the colors justice at all, and I'm waiting on my final piece of bedding to post the rest of the room, but I love love love it.  I'm never buying anything new!  Scratch bedroom furniture off the list.  With $50 in spray paint (would've been less had I not repainted several pieces in 3 different color schemes), we have entirely new, completely custom furniture.  I have to say, my great-grandmother's furniture has served me well, and will continue to do so for years to come...
Tiny sneak view of the bedding - almost there!  I found this little stand at Goodwill (I'm addicted to thrift stores - awesome).  It was ugly brown wood in its previous life...but it's so not like my nightstand on the other side that it's a perfect little table for Mike's side of the bed.  Now, his clock is viewable from the entire room (compared to its previous perch on the floor).  I painted it yellow, which is the most yellow the furniture has.  I'm very happy with the outcome.  The table was $10, the spraypaint was $6.  Cheap at half the price!
Just buy A Silent Film's CD.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment