Monday, May 31, 2010

It's gonna be a bright, sunshiny day

We've been married for 14 months now, and I'm still learning how to be married.  I'm used to thinking the worst - in everything; even myself.  So I analyze myself into a tizzy ledge from which Mike often talks me down.  Friday night was one of those times.  I hated the colors we'd chosen (and with which I'd already painted half the furniture) for our room.  I thought Mike was taking my project from me.  When really, I'd just worked myself (and knew it at the time, too, which makes it even worse) into a PMS-induced frustration-fest.

So, we ended up talking about it through my tears over a chest of drawers moved halfway to the garage.  And it was wonderful!  I don't give Mike nearly enough credit for his patience, his calm, and his ability to communicate.  I pride myself on being able to talk through problems, but he makes me look like I need therapy.

No comments please.

Anyway, that side bar story has absolutely nothing to do with the photos of today.  But Mike and I spent a whole day with absolutely no agenda, nowhere to be, nothing to do.  Ended up in Longmont on a gorgeous Colorado day eating at one of our favorite local spots, The Pump House.  Mike tried to take me to an antique store he found in Hygeine (it was closed, along with everything else), and then we ended up home - at our beautiful house - enjoying the rest of the evening in quiet peace.

I love him.

Mumford & Sons - just buy their CD, too.  Mike's best find of the week (and he has many, he's that good).  If you don't believe be, start with "The Cave" and move on to "Little Lion Man"

1 comment: