Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Momma Knows Best

Rock Springs, Wyoming.  How do I described the drive there?  Besides Laramie, then Rawlins, then Wamsutter (none of which have populations higher than their elevations), there is nothing between Cheyenne and Rock Springs.  It is a trucker's highway, complete with bottles of yellow liquid on the sides and miles and miles of barren wastelands.

My first leg of my 3 day tour through the state of WY consisted of this drive, made 1.5 hours longer by the thunder storm that rolled in 3/4 of the way.  I finally arrive to the dealership, soaked and cranky, only to find that I've been stood up by the people I'm supposed to meet there.  I cannot tell you how angry this makes me.  At least not in a public forum.  An entire day of my life I'd never get back.

It made me cry. 

So, at my mom's suggestion, I went to see a movie.  At the ONLY theater in Rock Springs.  How to Train Your Dragon, 3D.  I was the only person in the theater.  It was wonderful.  I laughed out loud and cried and played on my blackberry and texted Mike.  And when I walked out of the theater to the setting sun, spirits lifted from the animated film, this is what I saw:

Once again, God is good.  And MiMi knows.

You Will Leave a Mark by A Silent Film

No comments:

Post a Comment