Sunday, October 19, 2008

So, wedding planning is not going...as planned. Mike & I went to sample the food at Mercury Cafe where we'd planned on having our reception. Between the REAL (I can't make this up) wizard in the corner, the incredibly offensive painting of the current Oval Office Big Guns dining on innocent people at their conference table, posters asking for the death of Bush & Saddam's cohorts in the White House, and the numerous posters for Witch Events, the good (not to mention inexpensive) food and venue just couldn't outweight the fact that our parents and grandparents would have to walk past these on their way up to the reception.

Yeah.

I don't know how I'm so calm right now. But I am. And I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world. One place or another!

Bohemiam Like You by The Dandy Warhols

3 comments:

  1. Well if you need an idea for a dj for the reception (if you are going to get one), my boyfriend Doug dj's for afexdj.com. They are all great dj's! Do you have a date set yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Between the REAL (I can't make this up) wizard in the corner, the incredibly offensive painting of the current Oval Office Big Guns dining on innocent people at their conference table, posters asking for the death of Bush & Saddam's cohorts in the White House, and the numerous posters for Witch Events, the good (not to mention inexpensive) food and venue just couldn't outweight the fact that our parents and grandparents would have to walk past these on their way up to the reception.

    Yeah."

    uhhh, yeah.

    Why didn't you take me here when I was in town? It sounds like my total scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an elk steak sandwhich... it was... um... and interesting resteraunt...

    "Please have a hat, Please have a hate, Please have a hat... OMFG, HE'S GOT A HAT!!"

    ReplyDelete