Friday, October 3, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Mike had planned on taking me on a ride up the largest tram in the world to watch the sunset and eat our favorite - Mexican food - on top of the Sandia mountains. The poor guy just coudn't catch a break! First, the line to get tickets to the tram was two hours long, our reservations were in one hour, and the restaurant he thought was at the top of the mountain was actually at the tram station. But we rolled with it, still unable to watch the sunset because of the cloudiness.


The sky was so beautiful though, and we had some of the greatest conversations during a fantastic dinner. When the sun was as finished as our meal, we walked down to get this perfect picture then look out over the twinkling city of Albuquerque.

Before I knew it (which explains why there are no photos of the moment) Mike got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of our lives together. With a RING! I started crying and laughing at the same time (craughing Mike called it), but laughing eventually won out and I couldn't stop for hours. In my excitement, I didn't even take a picture of the ring! But tomorrow is Balloon Fiesta and I will be taking more pictures than one 2 GB picture card can hold. I have THREE DAYS to revel with my FIANCE (AHHH CRAZY!) in the fact that we are, officially, getting married!

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! God bless you both hun!
    And as a little side note I am sooo jealous you are at that balloon Fiesta in Albuqurque b/c my gf and I were going to go down this weekend too, but plans changed:( I hope you take loads of pictures! Especially of your ring!
    Congratulations again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms, K.W.--

    Can I just dance for you?
    Can I throw up my hands and praise our way crazy God?

    like this....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lMTksI2SCk&feature=related

    booya

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I could use some more ring ideas by the way" Surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete