Sunday, December 2, 2012

Twinkle

My favorite part of decorating for Christmas is the tree.  It's because each ornament tells a story, brings back a memory.  It's like a time capsule I get to open every year.  As I sat underneath it admiring each one, I thought what a wonderful opportunity to relive it here on the interwebs!

Let's start here:
This old chair filled with presents reminds me of the Christmases we spent at Comanche.  Playing games, catching up on a year's worth of sleep, drinking great wine, making incredible food, watching my wonderful parents interact, catching up with my sister and brother-in-law who I don't get to see enough, and watching the sun go down on the porch, rocking in chairs and wondering if life could get any better.

While we wouldn't have thought it then, the answer to that question is yes, yes it can.  My dad always used to say that each stage of life has its beauty, it's avenues of adventure, its moments of joy.  So while the door might close on precious moments, there are so many more to open, like presents on Christmas morning.  You just have to put them under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment