Saturday, December 22, 2012

31

Mike and I celebrated his 31st birthday by heading to downtown Arlington! Strange-sounding, I know, but they've come an incredibly long way to making it a happenin' scene from when I lived there...

We began at Twisted Root, an amazing burger joint at which we had what might've been the best gourmet burgers.  Ever.  Gave Crave a total run for their money.  And had more 'tude.
 Need me one of these.
Cutie birthday boy.
We headed to Flying Fish after that for an incredible piece of Key Lime pie, and ended at Hooligans, a sweet Irish pub where our bartender made us his very own concoction, which I cannot name here.  He was good enough to give us the recipe, however, due to the fact we knew what the 5280 tattooed down his arm meant.  And the fact that we lived there.

Overall, I'd say it was a successful evening of watching high school football on TV (only in Texas) and being completely comfortable with the fact that yes, we're getting old.

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun. I still can't figure out that card trick though.

    ReplyDelete