Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Very Quivas Christmas

Mike and I had our first Clayton Christmas on our house this year!  We bought presents and wrapped them, watching them pile up under the tree along with Christmas Exchanges for Texas.  In celebration of one more day of work, the season, and each other we went to our favorite Italian joint, Via Toscana.  For the first time I deviated from my normal ordering antics and went with the special.  It. Was. Incredible.
We also had some of the best conversations of the year, when I asked "What were all the things that made 2012 epic?"  We went back and forth recounting all the different things that made this year so spectacular, and reminded each other of some we'd forgotten!
I opened my sewing machine (my big present) before I started taking pictures.  You can see it in the background.  Mike went into a little local sewing shop after having asked his mom for advice.  When they showed him a couple of models he asked the most important question in sewing machine purchase decision-making: "Which one is going to be the least stressful?"  Honestly, I never would've though to ask that.
Here he is opening his Gerber Zombie Apocolypse Knife Set.  We are those people.
He also bought the dogs (me) these tags.  I laughed so hard.
Seriously.  He reverted to an 8 year old faster than I could say Dead People Walking.
Keebs really wanted to be a part of it, too, and stalked us with his evil Blue Eye the entire time.  It was greatness.

1 comment: