Saturday, December 8, 2012

Goodwill Find of the Year

This coat is such a deep red velvet that it's almost impossible to take a decent photo of it.  It was smooshed in the coats at Goodwill but the red just popped to me (I heart red).  I inspected further, and the style radiated 1950s chic.  I felt like I needed to be wearing a string of pearls just to be handling it.
 The sleeves are larger, but inside it has fitted inner sleeves to keep out the cold.
Here's why it's the Find of the Year: according to the ILGWU (International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union) tag history: this coat was made between 1955 and 1964 (when the "R" indicating a trademarked logo was added) based on the logo and the lack of "R". 
Which means this coat is epic.  That coupled with the fact that there's no way it has ever been worn makes this THE absolutely best $4.50 find of 2012.  Seriously.  The thing is new, without tags.  Photos of it on my person coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment