Friday, March 9, 2012

Ode to a Household Item

When I was living in Schuhmacher Hall, my dad bought me a timer for my oh so college-esque lamp so I could set it to turn off shortly after I left for class, and turn back on shortly before I arrived home.  That way, I never came home to an dark room, but also didn't waste resources.   He has always been incredibly, subtly thoughtful like that.

Fast forward to almost 10 years later, I have used it in three apartments (one in Houston) and my first home in Colorado.  The other day, I heard something vibrating, and after some investigation finally found that it was the timer.  I still didn't have the heart to unplug it; fortunately Mike did (he was afraid it might be a fire hazard).  Two days of not having the timer and we took a special trip just to Home Depot to get a new one because we just didn't want to live without it! 

All because of a purchase made almost a decade ago by a dad who loves his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment