Saturday, January 14, 2012

This week's thrift store finds!!!

Yes.  That is three exclaimation points in the title, because today was an epic thrifting day.  I started working in the office this past week which resulted in five (yes, five) days of waking up at 4:50 a.m. to be out of the house an hour later, miss rush hour, and be in the office for my new hours of 6:30 to 3:30.  I'm happy to say that, while this is an adjustment, there are a lot more people up at this hour than I would've ever thought.

Just kidding.

What I meant was: it really hasn't been bad (surprisingly)!  Getting home around 4:30 makes the evening with my Mike just linger.  It has, however, caused some major changes to our sleeping habits (anyone else think you sleep better when you get up early and go to sleep early?  I think you do).

That's a really long intro to this: I woke up this morning (on a Saturday) at 6:30 to meet Heidi at Delectable Egg at 7 for a morning of thrift biz.  What a way to start the day!

We started at ARC where the find of the day was probably the $25 office chair EXACTLY like the one I have at home, but black (which matches my office better anyway).  Last night I was complaining to Mike that my shoulders were killing me after a week at a desk.  Partly because I'm still (out of habit) favoring my left shoulder.  And partly because we have really crappy office chairs.  So when I watched two customers physically pondering this chair, I thought my one chance was gone.  But not so!  I brought it home, wiped it down with anit-bac wipes, and called it good.
We ended up at Hospice Thrift for their once-a-month 50% off day, and learned the error of our ways getting there at five minutes til open.  You must get there 30 minutes before or not only be last in line, but expect to park a block away.  Total. Chaos.

But totally worth it.

The find there was an amazing collection of shoes.  Including a pair of Born tennies that make me feel like I'm in the 1920s and about to go bowl (like I would know).  Also, I apparently now can't take a picture of thrifted clothes without dogs feeling as though they are entitled to be in the shot.
Let's get a close up of...wait.  KEEBLER!
I give up (even when I try stealth, his tail wins).  Gianni Binni, Antonio Milano, Doll House (my personal favorite) and a vintage pair of heels (love me some vintage shoes).  Awesome.
I also found some incredible jackets, sweaters, a new Vera Wang dress jacket, and a Talbots skirt.  I felt like I'd hit the jackpot!  
Probably because I did!

Neverchanger by A Shoreline and Dream

4 comments: