Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thrifty Christmas

We were up and out of the house today by 7:20 for a Starbucks run and a first row spot in line at ARC when it opened.  Turns out that really wasn't necessary; apparently Thrift Saturday landing on Christmas Eve is great for dispelling crowds! 

Two hours later, we walked out with half a car full and it was only the first stop!  Find of that stop was a 1950s Egg Nog bowl and cups, along with tons of great clothing finds (for all parties involved, actually).  Each cup says "Merry Christmas" in several different languages!
Next we ventured to Boulder at Hospice Thrift where my dad and I bought over 40 ties between the two of us each of which cost 10 cents!  I so wish I'd known that when I made my tie skirt.  That didn't consitute find of the stop however.  That went to my new fav jacket (to die for; I LOVE BUTTERFLIES!):
While in Boulder, we had to stop at Wahoo's for the traditional seafood bowl of greatness.  Love that place.  And we sat across from a Starbucks where my dad vividly remembered me asking them if I'd ever find someone to spend the rest of my life with.  Oh my stupidity!
A quick stop at Lafayette Flea Market resulted in a very nicely shaped 1940s suitcase (the top one):
And finally, Goodwill, where my dad scored the Find of the Stop.  A new, with tags, sport coat originally $225.  I think he paid $6.  I wasn't camera ready with that one.

We win.

No comments:

Post a Comment