Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Date Day

We began this Wednesday with a two week post-op appointment during which Dr. Hugate checked my incision, removed the Steri-strips, told us there was less than 1% chance this osteachonroma could return, that everything was in great shape and my movement was further ahead than he could've expected, and said (I kid you not), "This is an incredibly rare place to develop one of these, but considering your luck with this sort of thing, it's not that surprising."

I love this guy!  Seriously, love this guy; he's a freakin' genious.  I have been blessed with incredible doctors.

One hour later, we were high-fiving each other on the elevator down to the Explorer to continue our Date Day in celebration of Life.

We began at Crave, where we actually split a sandwich, sweet potato fries (epic), and salad.  And were very pleased with ourselves and how much we didn't eat at a restaurant made for pigging out.
Next stop: the pet-friendly Outlets at Castle Rock.  Unfortunately, the Gap Outlet is not pet-friendly...
Mike oggled and swooned after the perf hoodie, but (fortunately) they didn't have his size (J.Crew can bite my butt with their prices).
Just after he posed for the photo (he didn't really look that crestfallen).  I found this to be quite amusing.
 Outdoor Outlets.  Cool.  Especially smack dab in the middle of winter...
Where I found the most perf butterfly necklaces AND matching earings at the Fossil outlet.  Last one at the store.  I win.
We ended the night with a date with the Castors and Hudsons at...CINEBARRE!  $5 movies Monday through Thursday.  Slap your daddy good.  And look at that dead sexy hat!
 Group love.

No comments:

Post a Comment