Saturday, September 10, 2011

This Week's Thrift Store Finds

And I wasn't even going to go today!  But then I remembered I wanted to see if I could find some jars and lids.  Of course...I ended up finding more than I'd bargained for.

A stunning set of six thick antique glass mixing bowls.  Gorgeous.  And $9.  I can't even tell you what one of these would be in an antique store or boutique.  Oh...and some jars and lids!  So happy to actually get what I needed.  You'll see why tomorrow.
Perhaps one of the greatest treasures I've ever found - 5 bags of vintage buttons and sewing novelties.  I sat on the kitchen floor picking through just a small portion of these (I'm saving the whole treasure hunt for one evening this week after work).
A vintage thread-cutter ring never opened.  Scores of corchet needles, a delivious vintage glass button, and some great hand-sewing needles I'm certain will come in handy.
These are just some of the jewels I picked out of the plastic tins of buttons.  I can't wait to go through them all!
 This was just...classic house wife propganda.
 Classic.
Finally, a globe that has seen better days...but it's best is yet to come!  $5.  We'll see if my artistic idea works out.

1 comment: