Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last week's Thrift Store Find

I've been wanting a sun chair for weeks now, but dropping $20 on one (and that's on SALE) was a hard thing for me to swallow.  Once again, ARC to the Rescue!

Does anyone in Texas remember the Venture stores??  I hadn't thought of them in years, they went out of business before Target really took hold of the Thrifty Department Store market.  We had one right down the street I vaguely remember going to.  Anyway, I found this never-been-used lounger folded neatly in the furniture section of ARC, $4.99, with the tag from Venture still hanging on it!  I figured at 25% the cost of a "new" new one, I could handle the early 90s color motif.  Rubbed it down with dish soap and sprayed it off just to be safe.

It even has a built-in headrest!  I believe I will be sunning myself this 3-day weekend...it amazes me what you can find thrift, and the things I still don't think about looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment