Saturday, May 21, 2011

Finders Keepers

I've been stalking futon mattresses on craigslist for weeks now.  I finally snagged one for $20 from a girl with a blue mohawk, which I, frankly, thought was pretty sweet.  It was right up Girl with the Dragon Tattoo hair.  But I digress.

As it turns out, the mattress is super nice.  Thick, soft, clean cover, I seriously couldn't have bought a new one for less than $80. and it wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable  And it's going on the porch anyway.  I used the leftover paint from the front door to repaint the futon by hand, which I will never be doing again.  Four coats and much regret later, I sprayed it with a protective clear coat and I'm hoping that keeps it from getting any water/snow damage this year.  *crosses fingers*

You can't actually see the mattress as I covered it with Cloud for protection from Kona purposes.  But you can see the comf.  I've started running almost every night, and for the past two nights I've just kept running past my mental road markers, making it the entire round and sprinting the last leg just to watch Kona run.  I just Google mapped it - 2.7 miles.  Side note: super proud of myself at the moment.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted by the time I get home.  I plop down on that thing and it's a small slice of twenty dollar heaven.  Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment