Friday, November 5, 2010

Thrift Bliss

The only thing that can make thrift store hopping better is doing it with my mom!  Texas thrift stores were a rather big surprise, especially after the low expectations my mom had set prior to our excursion.  Two in particular worth going to are Thrift Town and Arlington Resale, both of which benefit two different foundations with their proceeds.  The first is immaculately organized, from size, color, length of sleeve, to the speed at which their workers arrange clothes back into the racks - it was a huge success.

The latter is in what used to be a spa and gym, and is decorated to the nines using all of their own merchandise.  They have an entire area dedicated to antiques and Christmas, and had quite a few very nice pieces as well.

I ended up with 3 J.Crew sweaters, a J.Crew skirt made entirely of tie material (so cool), 2 Ann Taylor Loft items, 2 pairs of leather shoes for work, American Eagle jeans, Moda pants that are just amazing, several beaded sweaters, and an antique suitcase.  But the find of the day?  A pair of True Religion jeans; $200 pants for which I paid $5.99.  I don't know what Dallasite grew out of those babies and donated them, but whoever you are: thank you!






3 comments:

  1. DANGGGGG!
    Hello weekend trip! This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be an aunt! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are having a wee one. :-) I should plan a trip with my little mama-to-be to get some deals on baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, yes! You could find so many inexpensive yet wonderful things for the wee one!

    ReplyDelete