Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let me count the ways

There are SO many awesome photos from today it is very difficult to choose the highlights!  So I will try to pick one from each stop that best represents what a fantastic day today was in Fort Worth!

We began with an early breakfast at Ol' South Pancake House, where Mom and I strayed far away from the health reservation and enjoyed an old world German pancake.  So tasty.
We then stopped at the Will Roger's Flea Market; no purchases made, but it was fun to peruse!  And well-worth the time for this photo alone (only in Texas):
We stopped in the gift shops of the Museum of Science and History and the National Cowgirl museum - both of which are house in new, beautiful buildings nestled within the Fort Worth Arts District.
From there, we stopped at McDonalds on Camp Bowie - one of the nicest we'd ever been in - for some caffinated fuel for the rest of the day.  The place was very smartly decorated.  However, the tables were much too tall for the couches, which made my dad feel as though he was drinking lattes with a couple of midgets.
 Next stop was the Botanic Gardens - a WPA masterpiece in the heart of Fort Worth.
Nestled in the midst of all the flowers are the Japanese Gardens, where we fed koi that are most likely the same fish we fed we we were kids, and maybe even the same ones my parents fed when they were on one of their first dates!

 Here is my dad's classic look of "Really?!" to my mom's antics.
 Here is Mimi very proud of said antics, and laughing at my dad's face!
Both classic moments in what was the perfect day ended with bleu cheese patties, baked potatos, and green beans around the table.  Man but those steaks were good!

4 comments:

  1. your family is the best, Kendra. I like y'all so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! didn't we go to those gardens together once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I have to admit, I absolutely love my family! What a great weekend!

    PBJ, we so did! I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete