Monday, February 1, 2010

Semi-charmed Life

When I was in college, one Valentine's Day (one of the many where I was single) my dad sent me a package to open on February 14th.  In it was a charm bracelete with a single heart attached on the many links.  Each year, he would add some sort of heart or love-themed charm on V-day.  Then on Christmas.  Then Easter...birthdays...new jobs...moving to Denver...marriage.  Each new phase of life and each holiday spent with family was christened with a charm.  I've had it in my Z for months, just waiting to go to Park Meadows where the ONLY James Avery is located to get the charm from my wedding put on.

You can't fully appreciate the greatness of this bracelet unless you click the photos.  There's a wine bottle for my 21st birthday, a plane for when I left Texas for Denver.  But my personal favs were given to me in a booth at Black Eyed Pea in Houston, Texas, where my mom and dad had just helped me move - again - to a small apartment for my internship at MCFA. 

There's a high heels, signifying my first big girl job in my first big girl city with my first big girl rent payment.

And then, there was a cell phone - forever engraving into my memory the phone bill I'd run up looking for said apartment in said city for said job. 

It's the little things...

2 comments:

  1. Frenchy: "Men are rats! Worse then that! They’re fleas on rats! Worse then that! They’re amoebas on fleas on rats! They’re too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can trust is her daddy."

    name that movie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREASE! I didn't even have to Google that to know...

    So proud!

    ReplyDelete