Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Times

I was running errands before heading home to work when I passed by a Krispy Kreme - something I haven't eaten in a very long time.

Inevitably, this reminded me of prom. Or Junior/Senior Banquet as my little private Christian school liked to call it. I went every year of high school - including freshman. I dated a senior as my very first boyfriend; it was the scandal of the school year! Prom that year was...interesting. I don't remember much of it, and I remember enjoying it even less. But when I got home at 5 a.m. (after the parent-sponsored dance and lock-in) my parents were instantly awake. It was still dark when my mom, dad, and I piled sleepily into the car and traveled down Cooper to the first Krispy Kreme in Arlington. It was there we ordered a dozen donuts and sat there recounting my first prom; my parents first prom as parents.

I don't really remember what we talked about, but I remember thinking that it was the best part of the night - sitting there as the sun came up regaling my parents with stories of the evening, and being regaled with Wetterling witicisms. And while each year's prom got better and better, our Krispy Kreme conglomeration was my favorite memory of all.

Deeper by Delirious?

6 comments: