Saturday, September 19, 2009

1001 POSTS!!!!

I believe the normal mile mark for blogs and online comics is the first 1000 posts.  It didn't really occur to me that 1001 Words was fast approaching that number until I was loading photos from Wyoming this week and saw the high 900s.  I have been faithfully keeping up one picture a day for over 1000 days now.  Approaching the 3 year mark faster than it seems possible!  Fitting that today - such a wonderful Saturday - should hold the responsibility of marking 1001 Words' 1001st post!  Thank you to all the people I know read this religiously - and to those I don't know do - it means the world to me to see that counter add numbers and to hear what you have to say about posts.  You mean more than you'll ever know!

I met the Dean's for Mexican food in Morrison, just outside of Red Rocks Ampitheater.  I'm not sure who was more excited for Syd to open her gift, me or her!  Chris said he was positive she'd end up taking the train case to school Monday with every little thing in it.  And Deb confessed that Syd had wanted to take me to Show & Tell (remember that?!).  I introduced Deb, and invariably Syd, to the Twilight novels, so apparently I'm something of a celebrity in her class as they are also all addicted to the novels now too.  "You were the catalyst!" Deb said.  I'm not sure I'd be so interesting, but the fact that she wanted to take me for Show & Tell made my little heart glow even brighter than it already was watching Sydney open her train case!

"Perma-grin!" -Deb
My first Red Rocks experience.  I can't believe it's taken me over 3 years to see a concert here.  It's like a religious experience.  I've never seen a concert in a venue that can touch this one.  Beyond words!  And I've found two new artist favs!  I had such a blast being a part of the Dean family for an evening.  Deb & Chris are amazing parents!
Taking a bow...Happy Birthday Sydney!!!
When I got home from the concert and Mike got home from Poker Night, we jumped in the car and made a midnight run to Fox & Hound for some rounds and pool!
It ended at Village Inn for 2 am chocolate chip pancakes.  Tony Horton is going to come to my apartment and beat the crap out of me.  And for today...it's totally worth it.

The Dynamo of Volition by Jason Mraz

2 comments: