Monday, July 6, 2009

Rapunzel, Rapunzel! Let down your hair...

I can't believe I haven't taken a picture of this little library-bound miracle. I went to the 2nd Annual Denver Public Library used book sale a few weekends ago - the day our toilet decided to flood our apartment to be exact. I dragged Mike along, as he really had nowhere else to go and wanted out just as badly as I did. I walked into the tent and was absolutely overwhelmed. Too many people to adequately look through the tables and tables and boxes of incredibly cheap books. I wanted to touch each and every one!

So I marched to the children's section to begin looking for a beautifully illustrated book I used to read all through elementary and high school called Tam Lin. It was a long shot that didn't make it - but thanks to Yahoo Answers, I found out the title and the author, as all I could remember about the book was that it was filled with plaids for each character, and the heroine had to hold on to her Prince as he changed from fire to a dragon to a lion trying to kill her as she kept her arms around him. She broke the spell by doing so.

Wow, I digress...

I begin looking at the books on the table, and the first book Mike nonchalontly pulls out is the treasure pictured below. I just stared at him. "Where'd you find that?!" I mustered. "Right here. It looked like something you'd like."

Little did he know I'd been stalking that book on Amazon for two years. It never got below $30 and they were always used. I just couldn't justify it, and it was the last - out of print - book in my Trina Schart Hyman illustrated collection.

I paid $3 for it.

I love this man.

Hallelujah by Paramore

1 comment: