Monday, June 29, 2009

Word Picture

It's been a really long day. Being the 23rd Region in the rankings out of 23 has taken its toll on the zone managers, not to mention our management. We scrambling to figure out how we can claw our way out of dead last in the second half, and it's been an 11 hour day. I can't wait to get home, and I'm hungry. Traffic's terrible, as always on Mondays heading up I-25. And I wish it wasn't getting hot now in Denver. I feel stressed and pent up and just a little bit hopeless.

I'm taking the toll road; I deserve the 5 minute head start.

Get over into the toll lane; try not to think.

Wait. Is that a mushroom?!

I keep glancing to my left at the stalled traffic not quite lucky enough to have their tolls paid for by their company, trying to figure out why I keep seeing a mushroom stopped up ahead. Large, green and purple with big red spots. Yep, that is a mushroom. I begin to smile. It's sitting behind four car-sised ladybugs on the back of a truck, cute little yellow antannae, gleaming in the intense sun over the mountains.

That's a mushroom. Surrounded by lady bug cars.

I can't stop smiling, looking over to the west now that I've passed the 'shroom truck, unable to get to my camera fast enough in the driver's seat. God's giving a speech, as Mike says, raining sunlight down over the mountains through the peeling clouds.

It's a good day.

1 comment:

  1. i could eat this.

    beautiful.

    Father sends the best pickmeups

    ReplyDelete