Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ice, Ice Baby

We had planned to leave at 3am for our trek to Texas in a day.  We made it out by 3:30, which was impressive considering we had two people, two dogs, a stuffed automobile, and I was sick as a dog.  We made it to a rest stop just outside of Trinidad where I spent the previous 30 minutes willing myself not to throw up.  After almost losing Keebler to a trucker (he got out of his leash and I'm pretty sure if I hadn't felt nausiated before I would have then), spending some quality time in the bathroom trying to talk myself back IN to throwing up just so I'd feel better), and getting back on the road again the whole family felt...well...fairly good (I didn't puke, but Kona managed to just as we turned into the rest stop...on the seat...as Mike tried to get him out).
We determined that the way to go is indeed down I25 turning southwest at Raton and going through Dumas and Amarillo.  Yay!
Unfortunately, once we hit Dumas so did the massive ice/snow storm.


It took us an extra two hours using the usually speedy two lane country roads.  We also witness what was probably the scariest accident coming up a hill on one of these said roads.  I maintain that Texas drivers are complete idiots in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment