Friday, June 15, 2012

iCamp

When I was young, my parents bought a pop-up camper with the Brockmans (some of our best family friends when we were little).  My mom refused to tent camp in the Texas heat and humidity, a decision with which I heartily agree.  However, I don't live in Texas anymore - and the weather in Colorado and the mountains is epic for camping/

So we bought a tent!
And set it up for the first time in the backyard tonight for a staycation at Quivas.  I have to say, it was an incredible evening!  Mike set up his ancient (yet still hearty as well as functional) fold-up picnic table, started a fire in the fire pit, and despite the massive state of confusion our dogs were in, I think they'll eventually get on board, too
We're going to start with car camping, but eventually our goal is to backpack across they Rockies.  And beyond.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm incredibly excited for the tent-filled adnventures comin' the Clayton's way!

2 comments:

  1. KENDRA!!! YAY!!!!! How much fun!!! Someday, if y'all want company in your 'cross the Rockies adventure, give the Cannons a call. We'll start climbing bleachers in anticipation! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in! That would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete