Friday, June 22, 2012

Go Team Denver

We woke up early today and met at the Flatirons for a team hike!  Which is basically like a day off, and is more than basically awesome!  We're a pretty great team:
This was at the base of the hike, before I knew what kind of epic pain was in store for me.
All of us, so innocent of what lay ahead...
The guys tended to get really distracted by what could be a climber.  Or perhaps a shadow.  It took about 5 minutes for everyone to discuss it.
Team BDS on one of the peaks, still half a mile from Royal Arch, and thinking death was around the corner.  I'm not kidding you, it was like climbing 1.5 foot stairs.  For three miles.
Just bringin' some estrogen to the party.  It's how I roll.  I think it is also the point I got a new nickname for my ability to quickly scale large boulders.  Say hello to Spider Monkey!
And finally, made it to the top!  I was trying to hard just to climb that I didn't even take any pictures during it.  At one point, one of the guys asked me if I was ok (everybody kept asking me that, seriously, I don't think I looked that bad...) and I said "I'm good" to which he replied "I'M NOT!".  I'm pretty sure half the people used the girl as a scapegoat.  Just sayin'.  But I laughed really hard...despite not being able to breath.


1 comment: