Saturday, March 19, 2011

This week's thrift store finds

Alright.  I might have a problem.

But the stories continue!

Found this mug all by its lonesome, and it totally matches a tea set and cup/saucer/spoon montage I've had since high school from Cracker Barrel.  Having now Googled it, I see I am so incredibly far from owning the entire set.  Wow.  Napkin rings and placements, too!

Anyway, found this but searched high and low and came up short on companions.  But I had to have it.  It was 50 cents anyway.
I am a clothes horse.  Best find was probably the never-been-worn silk Banana Republic top.  Lovely.  But some fun summer tops, a couple jackets from J. Crew, Mossimo vest...
 And summer tanks for layering!
 Coolest. Scarf. Ever.  Pretty much just bought it to copy.
Now...onto a new project...Blue Jean Bag made entirely of thrift store recycled gear:
This will be a new effort in the use of my mom's old sewing machine.  I bought some silk tie belts from J.Crew and Old Navy for straps...along with belts to secur the tops.
 Finally, some new little bags for inside - because it's the little things that get lost!  They coordinate.  And the red one is a going-out purse that still had the tags from J.Crew.  Love it.
More photos to come when (if) a bag is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment