Saturday, March 5, 2011

This week's thrift store finds

OH. MY. WORD.  I found the greatest antique bench and lamp at the ARC today.  Not really any clothes, but all these babies needed was some elbow greese. Windexed the carnival glass lamp and utilized Q-tips for a reason they were actually manufactured (which, according to the box, is anything but cleaning your ears) and the labor of love made me rethink spray painting this bad boy:
People were literally stalking me in the store to see if I'd take this lamp out of my cart.  Awkward.  Unfortunately, the irridescent nature of the glass is not caught via camera, but this lamp is like a French Kiss in lighting fixture form:
And of course, Kona wants to be a part of it, too.
Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac

3 comments:

  1. I think you could have your own design show on HGN... you could call it "thrift and nift". A story about a cute designer who goes to thrift stores and decorates people houses with her finds after possibly restoring them... I smell a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your room couldn't get any more awesome, and it just did.

    ReplyDelete