Monday, September 6, 2010

Thrifty

So the lamp's not painted and I still need fabric to cover the shade, and the wall-hangings are either drying in the garage or have yet to be purchased, but here's the general idea of the guestroom redo...
We budgeted $300 for me to use to redo the guestroom this month.  About $100 went to Sherwin Williams.  Another $100 went to painting accoutremente as well as spray paint.  I used 4 cans of primer, 8 cans of black (that stuff's a bee-atch to get right), and 4 cans of yellow.  Not horrible, and definitely over purchased from Wally Word.  

The sheets were my FAV in college!  Found them at the College Station Target and bought this set along with the coordinating blue.  LOVE them.
Instead of buying the chair I was salivating over at Target, I reclaimed a chair that has been in the basement since we moved, and wasn't really used in our old apartment, that was my old desk chair.  Threw on a little $10 throw pillow and my fav red scarf and BAM!  Seating arrangement.  I also bought a sexy yellow ceramic thing at Tuesday Morning for $12 for on top of the dresser for Mike to store his no-seeums.  Yessssss.  Yellow is such the rage.
Let me say this: anyone can spray paint, and should on a fairly regular basis.  However.  Taping off areas is a total pain.  I don't recommend it.  You end up doing it at least twice in two different taped of colors just to get rid of the seepage.  Just stick with a couple colors you can do on the piece and drawers.  The being admitted: how sweet is this?!

SWEET.

Finally, I think I have an unhealthy love for throw pillows...Home Goods will be my down fall.  I also found this perfect-height nightstand at Goodwill (the mattresses are abnormally tall, as you can see relative to the bed board).  I should've taken a photo of the terrible shape it was in, but was so into it I completely forgot.  Not too bad for $12.99 and a 2 cans of spray paint.  Love the coordination!  I now have 3 pieces of completely mismatched furniture that are rockin' to the same laquer black and sunny yellow tune!

Just wait til you see what's drying in my garage...more to come!

Hannah by Freelance Whales

1 comment: