Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Red & White Stripes

By today, my week had gotten exponentially better.  With wholesale behind me, a day of catch-up work at home, and an evening back at my post as Gift Shop Girl, life was almost back to normal.

When I signed out of the hospital, there was a basket of candy canes next to the log book.  Amazingly enough, I'd been eating incredibly healthy, and while hungry, I forwent the Girl Scout cookies that beckoned me.  But I couldn't pass up the candy cane opportunity.  I haven't had one in years!  While I enjoyed it's cool, refreshing stickiness, I remembered Christmas in Comanche, thought back to college, then high school, then long before that, and was lost in the memories only brought on by certain tastes and certain smells as I drove my MKZ home.

In genuine contentment.


No comments:

Post a Comment