Saturday, November 14, 2009

The day on which we eat our way through Pike's Market

We stopped at Tully's on the way to Pike's Market for a double dark chocolate mocha.  I used to indulge in this amazing coffee drink when I traveled to Boise and there was one just across from the Hampton Inn downtown.  Brought back such good memories of adventure in other states...

Classic Public Market Sign Photog!
Yes, they threw fish over my head.  No, I didn't catch one.  Ew.
Monkfish.  They totally scare people with it by make it jump.  It's awesome...because it wasn't done to me!
The VERY FIRST STARBUCKS EVEEEEEEEEEEEER!  Yes.  I peed a little with the excitement.
This shop made their very own amazing Havarti...
And then Mike found us some wine...and we enjoyed both in the park right under the sign stating alcohol was forbidden while watching the ships come and go in the harbor.  Such rebels.
Mike shared his Piroshki apple-baked goodness with me.  So good.
That is gum.  This is Post Alley, and a small theater outside of which are massive gumball machines.  There's no explanation, no signs, just ABC gum inches thick in some places.  I've never seen anything like it.  Disgustingly brilliant.
Exploding Tauri at the SAM.  It was Mike's first museum experience.  I have to say it was a very disappointing art museum.  I listed off the cities that had better ones, and Mike said we'd just have to go see them.  He knows me so well.
The "You Are Here" photog:
Creepy screaming kid area...
Purple Cafe & Wine Bar!  Mouth-watering lobster mac & cheese.  Like woah.
Yes, that cup is on fire.  Also discovered the legality of absinthe, and lists of cocktails even Mike had never heard of...Vessel Cocktail Bar, downtown Seattle.

What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie

3 comments: