Friday, February 20, 2009

Louisiana Pearl

Mom and I took the Light Rail downtown to see exactly where I would be getting married, and figure out how in the world we're going to make a bookstore marriage-worthy. Good thing she came to visit or I'd still be freaking out about it. At this point in the weekend, we'd only been to Wal Mart twice (out of 5), so we were pretty happy.

On the way home, we stopped at the Louisiana Pearl station and walked down Pearl to Mulberries Bakery. I have to say, this made me feel very urban, which I like. Mullberries is tucked into what was once probably the main street for miles and miles. Incredibly old, incredibly beautiful buildings with personality and, in some cases, major need of refurbishing. We popped in so I could show her the photo of what my "wedding cakes" will look like, and to try a bite. A few seconds of heaven later, we were walking back to the train. I've been admiring this stop from below on I-25 since my first treck up the highway for a Jack's Mannequin concert a few weeks after I moved here. It's been almost three years, and I'm just now taking a photo of it.

Appreciate the artsy public transportation. Appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment