Sunday, January 4, 2009

Piggars

I turned 18 in the first December I'd spent in College Station. It wasn't a good time for me. I was under insane pressure to bring up my 3 C's midsemester (this was before I knew midsemester grades were not a good indication of how you were actually doing in a course) or be kicked out of the University Honors program. My long-distance first-love relationship was anything but stable, and about that time my roommate had stopped talking to me and refused to even discuss why. I felt lost and alone and all around miserable.

So my mom and grandparents came down just for the day on my birthday. They brought me flowers and gifts and love I so desperately needed at the time to make it through finals. My mom bought me a pink robe that was the softest thing I'd ever felt to wear to and from the community bathrooms in Davis Gary. And she found these uber cute pig slippers to keep me warm in the winter in the dorm.

I busted them out of my closet today for around the house in this amazing cold of Colorado. They keep me warm in so many more ways than one.

Broken by Lifehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment