Sunday, August 17, 2008

So many people to watch...never enough time.

Probably my favorite scenery in Deadwood...all the creepy manequins dressed up as western call girls. Such cheese!

Sunday's tour of Deadwood, SD.

Note to self - Mustangs are NOT off-road worthy!

I had to show Dad the best view of the town...from Mt. Moriah Cemetary.

The Journey Museum:

Train seat! You totally turned this wheel to make the scenery go by. It was AWESOME.

Smokey & the Wetterlings...feelin' hot hot hot!

Another moment 40 years in the making...

Mount Rushmore walking trail.

Such a good shot.

Ditto.

The ORIGINAL North by Northwest fiming spot!!! This is where Eva Marie "shoots" Carey Grant! So classic. Go watch the movie, seriously.

Breath-taking:

Not gonna lie, the lighting ceremony brought tears to my eyes.


Yeah by THE Black Man - Usher

2 comments:

  1. Okay so you don't know me, but I came across your blog in a weird way! I had googled storybook island images because this was a place I had gone to when I was little and was hoping to go back to this year! (Little did I know they closed labor day for the season:() One of your pictures popped up and led me to your blog! I love how you have decided to capture your life by taking a picture a day! That's awesome..I Love taking pictures myself! So in a way you have inspired me to do the same:) I also thought it was funny that we are the same age and both live in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angeleyes! So nice to meet you! Your post is inspiring in its own right - thanks for taking the time to leave me a message! I wish you hadn't missed the opening...I did the same thing when I first started traveling to Rapid City. It's worth the wait, though. I wish I had experienced it as a kid like you!!!

    ReplyDelete