Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun Land


I was through with work earlier than expected today in Idaho Falls. So I got in my car, picked a place on the city map that I wanted to go, got to the intersection, and then turned the complete opposite direction. I have no idea why; because I could I think. But it was invigorating!

I drove through "Historic Downtown," finding some fascinating architecture as well as a crazy awesome Junior High school. I got lost in neighborhoods I didn't even know existed, with houses ranging from the 1800s to the 1970s. I've never seen such a conglomeration of different types and eras of housing. It was absolutely fascinating. And many of them I couldn't even capture on camera because I just couldn't stop!


Then, I ended up driving past their humble little zoo. I decided I'd rather just keep driving, and ended up finding this little gem of a simpler time lost: Funland!

My favorite find, however, had to be this incredibly industrial fountain smack dab in the middle of a beautiful green park.

When I first saw it from the road, I thought there was litter all over it, what looked like white papers flying around it. Upon closer inspection, I realized: it's bubbles! Clumps and clumps of bubbles! The fabulous wind billowing through the trees and around the open areas and through my hair was picking up the resulting bubbles at the end of the fountain and spitting them in all directions. It only took a few seconds once that epiphany hit that I just stood there in delight and laughed. Laughed and laughed and laughed!


The World I Know by Collective Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment