Sunday, March 30, 2014

And while we're getting all nostalgic

I was inspired by Pinterest to arrange my remaining beloved stuffed animals (you can see them clumped on the shelf) together, reading a fav childhood book, as a display in my newly redecorated (photos to come) basement.  But the suitcase was my own twist (since I had it).
I originally didn't have an overall theme for the basement redo, besides as cheaply as possible (hence the Freecyle furniture).  But one this little display happened, it quickly became "Things That Make Me Happy".  I can tell you where each of these animals came from, what I was feeling when they were purchased or given, and why they remain so special.  Every time I look at them I am reminded.

It makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I remember so many of those... Twitches... Was that beer Keebler? Or something like that... I'm drawing a blank... What book is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CURBY!!! You were super close! The Book is the Big Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear! :-D

    ReplyDelete