Saturday, February 22, 2014

Art Nouveau

I lugged my four cases of Hotwheels cars from the crawlspace and, having invested heavily in Hobby Lobby glassware, put them on display.
The short squatty one has my prized collection of Slug Bugs and Lincoln Continentals.  Two of my favorite cars of all time are pictured here:
 The tall one houses my entire collection of Ford Mustangs - by far the largest of the themes.
 And the largest container holds almost all the other cars.  I have about 20 that I just couldn't fit...
I think they look pretty amazing.  I plan to take them to work to display on my conference table...
But I wanted to wait until my Dad got to appreciate their epicness.  My favorite part in all these metal goodness?
I hid a note he'd included with one he'd mailed me years ago when I first moved to Denver.  You can't see it in the display now; but I know it's there.

3 comments: