Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blue Willow

When I was a sophomore in high school, I spent the night at my friend Chelsea's house one weekend, and when I came home my parents had completely re-done my bedroom in a color scheme that still continues to hold my heart: asian blue, white, and yellow.  My dad spray-painted my furniture, added new knobs to my desk (and even coordinating blue and white fan chord ends), new lamps, and new bedding. 

I was stuned, and absolutely loved it.  I spent years adding to my Ross collections of coordinating knick knacks with the same type of oriental pattern in blue and white, with some yellow mixed in.  I still have the twin bedding set - Ralph Lauren sheets and comforter that we paired with yellow and white solid sheet sets for years.  I used an extra sheet to cover my kitchen table chairs originally, and my mom sewed my first apartment a valance to match.  If you're not getting it at this point, I had an unnatural love for these sheets.

I was at TJ Maxx today for the first time in a looooong time.  And when I saw these dishes, I almost bought them just for old time's sake.

But Mike's patience only goes so far...and the Colonial Harvest Grape dishes are the line! 

1 comment: