Thursday, April 30, 2009

Know the Code

When we consolidated offices, the zone managers went from a room with a desk each and one fantastic view of the mountains, to the corner in front of the managers' offices with our own big cubes. I'm pretty sure they put me in the very corner to hide me from everyone! But the problem is, I'm beside Ryan, not across from him, so we're yelling over the walls and running back and forth between cubes to talk to each other.

We (including our managers!) have a habit of throwing stuff around in our office, so imagine my utter delight when I found a drawer full of ping pong balls (don't ask - that wasn't even the weirdest thing we found while moving). After having used them in one fail swoop to dowse Ryan in unused sports equipment from over our wall, we devised a plan. Throw one color of ping pong ball over the wall, and it means one thing. Throw another and it means something else; but either way, no one else will know what's going on and we won't have to yell where everyone can hear us anymore! Right now, we only have two codes; but we're positive more will be coming...

Wallflower by Splendor

1 comment: