Monday, March 30, 2009

We Almost Died! Day 3

I'm not even kidding you. We got on the 25 passenger bus in San Juan to take us to our first shore excursion: ziplining through the rainforest! We're blast through these backroads up and down two lane residential streets with incredibly steep grades. We finally make it to the bottome of the inredible incline just below the zip line drop off, when the bus won't go up any further. In fact, it's slipping backwards. So the driver throws it in reverse, hits a concrete ledge lift up one side of the bus, and still CONTINUES TO REVERSE. We look towards the back of the bus, and there is no road left behind us, only the fall off of the cliff with which it seems we're about to become intimately acquainted. I don't know if he thought we were just stupid tourists, or what, but screaming at him to stop wasn't working. So finally, a dad stood up with his kids and said "We're getting off this bus right now." I was in too much shock when my feet finally touched the earth to take a picture of the tire, which was about an inch away from going over the edge.

And then the second guy to try to get the bus up almost hit me, and the tent I was standing under. Again, overcome with shock I just watched this happen as Mike and another mom on the excursion pulled me out of the way.

I named this towel animal (I think it's a rabbit) CC. For "Close Call"!

No comments:

Post a Comment