Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bishop Castle

I am not kidding, just Google it.

Notice the circular top of the tallest tower. Keep this in mind when you come to the photo of me clutching railing for dear life just before taking a photo. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the smartest thing I've ever climbed, and I can promise you it is NOT structurally sound.

My architect grandad would have a heart attack!

But it's so. Freaking. Cool.



Especially this room. This is, technically, the third floor. Sort of. It's not exactly laid out like normal. But nothing about this structure IS normal!


Mike was finding his happy place while walking the scaffolding on the third and a half floor...

Not kidding.

There was some serious shaking going on at the top. Glad I've done it, never will again!!!


Mike: "Awww, hail no. There's no way I'm goin' up there."




Breakfast by Newsboys

7 comments:

  1. could be the best photo shoot yet!

    this place is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so glad you went! I didn't think you could actaully go inside it. I will have to make a trip out to see it:) Do they have specific hours?

    haha by the way my boyfriend thinks it's weird that I like comment on your blogs and I don't know you...do you? b/c I don't want you to think I'm strange! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - you would've peed your pants!

    Angeleyes - it's not at all weird, I do it all the time! If you see something you appreciate, you should say something...it makes peoples' days! Including mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would have been worth changing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hit my head on a low overhang... I was scared poopless... but it's definately something to behold... even with all of the political jibber jabber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I had to let you know that my boyfriend and I journey'd (sp) up to Bishop Castle today and oh my word that was super cool(despite the insanely long drive!). And you actually went up to that wire ball and down that little white ladder and across that bridge looking thing! Wow I was trembling most of the
    way to the top of one of the towers; never thought I was that afraid of heights! :) I hope wedding plans are coming along smoothely!
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jocelyn! That's fantastic! I'm so glad someone else has experienced it!!!

    ReplyDelete