Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There is a silence in the Badlands

The Rapid City Hertz people like me. They know that I will always ask for a Ford. So this time, they cut me off before I had the chance. "We don't have any Fords, so we put you in an Infinity." Um...OK! I'm in the Hertz parking lot, looking for my sleek car when I walk up to this bad boy. Yeah, I'm driving the luxury school bus. And it's AWESOME. The STEERING wheel is heated, for cryin' out loud! Sorry, Ford. You've been beat. Which is why they're 3x the price...

I decided to drive through the Badlands, finally, today. It's one of the last sites I've to see in and around Rapid City. Complpetely worth the drive.

There truly is a strange silence there. Birds chirping and hard wind and then...nothing.

Aptly named, "The Yellow Mounds". I didn't know color like this existed naturally. It was the strangest, ever-changing landscape.

And it went on forever...

2 comments:

  1. Technically... that would be a luxury short school bus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhaaa?

    heated steering wheel?

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete