Friday, January 31, 2014

BAM

Yours truly installed a ceiling fan ALL by herself.  Didn't even have to call Dad (who was on Red Alert).  I watched this video to learn how to uninstall one, and after maniacally checking to make sure I had indeed turned the power OFF, I took down our old one and installed this bad boy we randomly spotted, and subsequently purchased, at Lowe's.
 And just in case you thought I was passing off a ceiling art installation as a fan that didn't actually work:
Mike did help me take it down and use different screws in the ceiling bracket.  Unfortunately the directions indicated to use the previous screws already in the housing box, which were crap and made the fan wobble.  NOT my fault.  So I consider it installed alone (but, in an effort to be full disclosure, Mike did help perfect).

I am Woman.  Hear me cuss up a storm while installing light fixtures, but appreciate my ability to follow directions implicitly.

1 comment: