Saturday, July 13, 2013

Missouri Lakes Trail

Some pre-trail java.  The camp coffee press and the camp pillow were my two luxuries I brought for which I am eternally grateful.

 What is that theory about dogs and their owners?
 At least packing up was unexpectedly easy...
Probably the hardest thing I've ever done physically.  I am the weakest link.  Literally the only trail shot I got as I was so intent on 1) not falling over the myriad cliffs into the river, 2) not letting Keebler fall over said cliffs, 3) not letting Keebs eat random animal poop, 4) trying not to be mad at how difficult climbing what are basically rock stairs up a mountain are, a nd 5) in general trying not to pass out.
But when we got to the lake and found our campsite, it was somehow all worth it.
 The lake (click to get the full effect):
 Out:
When we arrived I was so exhausted I could barely walk down to the lake.  I plunged my face into the crystal clear water and almost froze it off.  Then I looked around me, at what I could see having made the trek.  It was difficult to tell what was lake water and what was tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment